English games for learners studying ESL EFL
Using games to learn ESL was once a radical concept but with the advent of kinasthetic learning ideas, they have proved very popular with teachers seeking to make their lessons more interesting. Our ESL EFL learning games are designed for individual learners to play in order to reinforce language learned in a more structured context.
Key features of our ESL EFL games
- These English learning games will help kids from 5 years learn simple ESL EFL while having fun
- Most of our games allow you to listen to the correct English pronunciation for any vocabulary
- These games will improve not only English speaking but writing and spelling too
- All the games are free to play with over 100 different English ESL EFL topics
back to top
Mix and match | 4 in a row | Pelmanism | Hangman | Rock fall | Pong
The beetle and the bee | The frog flies | Spelling game | Sow grow
ESL English games help box
- Choose a game by clicking on its name in the play area
- The game will load - there are instructions on the settings page on how to play each game
- To change your English topics, click on the "1. Start" arrow in the top bar at any time
- To switch between games simply select the games sign at the top of the page
- Each of the games can be played with over 100 English learning topics
- All of our ESL EFL activity games are free to play
If you need help while playing a game, click on the '?' button on the left pole. The help box for the game will display automatically.
Once you have played some games, why not try our English tests to check your progress...
Mix and match
A child's playroom needs tidying up - put the picture blocks into the correctly labelled box to score points and clear up the room. Simple game with nice graphics suitable for children as young as 5.PLAY!
The beetle and the bee
Control the beetle with your arrow keys to collect the strawberries and avoid the bees - keep the strawberries by answering the English vocab questions. Learning English is suddenly an adventure and each question is vital to the success of the mission...PLAY!
Match items of vocabulary to the correct picture to clear these cells revealing a large picture previously hidden by that content. Pelmanism is an age old favourite with language teachers and students alike.PLAY!
Four in a row
Win 4 cells in a row by matching the cell's picture to the correct item of vocabulary in the list. A quick game you can work through in a minute - also good for hearing the audio for all the vocabulary in the topic.PLAY!
Guess the item of vocabulary letter by letter from the on-screen keyboard - wrong guesses add pieces to the gallows being built on the beach. Great for reinforcing the spelling of words and emphasising the position / occurence particularly of accented letters in some English words.PLAY!
The frog flies
Use your keyboard arrow keys or tap your tablet screen to control the frog and catch the flies. Avoid the birds! Answer the questions to win points - you have 5 seconds only... Scoring is based on speed and the number of correct answers. Fast game, can be paused!PLAY!
Test your audio skills by clicking on the right picture for the spoken language - correct answers win sunflowers; the aim of the game is to fill the vase with pretty flowers - high scores leaderboard and bonus points available. Listen carefully!PLAY!
Test your reaction times with this short sharp game of reflexes and a bit of English knowledge - click / tap the rocks to break them and stop them hitting the road - only 4 questions and 10 points off for each wrong answer.. leaderboards availablePLAY!
You see a set of pictures - for each picture you are offered 5 similar texts but only one of them is a correct spelling of the words related to that picture - click the right spelling to win a point. Timed game.PLAY!
back to top