MIX AND MATCH game to learn
My room in English
Drag and drop game: match picture blocks to labelled English boxes to tidy the room
You have chosen to learn the English vocabulary for "Home - my room".
The vocabulary you will learn with the Home - my room topic is listed below.
Mix and match is a simple drag and drop matching activity for learners of English as a second language (ESL and ESOL). The game is set in a play room where the toys need to be put away. Picture blocks must be put in the correct boxes to score points.
Key features of our Mix and match ESL game
- This is a simple game of matching the picture to the correct English word or phrase
- The words can be seen (and heard by rolling over the boxes)
- For each picture a choice of 3 different words or sentences is offered
- Matching ten sets of pictures and words wins the game
back to top
Mix and match | 4 in a row | Pelmanism | Hangman | Rock fall
The beetle and the bee | The frog flies | Spelling game | Sow grow
How to play Mix and match to learn My room in English
There are 5 blocks that need putting away to tidy the play room. Drag (they are heavy..) the blocks to the correct boxes.
- Click on "PLAY" on the settings page to start the game.
- You see the first picture block and 3 possible boxes to put it in.
- Beneath each box is a English word or phrase.
- Click on a box to hear the spoken audio for that vocabulary (flash only).
- Click on the picture block and drag it to the box where it belongs.
- If you are correct, the block will stay in the box, the ball will roll and the teddy bear will do a little jump!
- If you are wrong, a wrong sound will play and the block will jump back to where it was.
- Clear all 5 picture blocks to complete the game.
back to top
English topics | English lessons | English games | English tests | English vocabulary
English Activities home | About English Activities | Frequently asked questions | Contact us
Privacy | Terms and conditions
Select your interface language:
English | español | Deutsch
Select your view:
Desktop | Mobile